- Hothefa Shaker Jassim Assoc. Prof. Dr. is currently the Head of the Computer Science Department at the Modern College of Business and Science (MCBS), Oman. He received his Ph.D. in Computer and Communication Engineering from the College of Engineering, Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN), Malaysia in 2012. He has also worked as a post-doctorate fellowship at National University of Malaysia (UKM). He supervised Master and Ph.D theses in Malaysia, and he contributed in carrying research projects that were funded from the Malaysian Government. He, also, worked as reviewer for several journals such as Journal of Neural Computing and Applications.
- Nadia Doytch is an Assistant Professor of Economics at CUNY Brooklyn College, School of Business, where she teaches International Trade Policy, Environmental and Natural Resource Economics and Sustainability Theory and serves as the Economics Department Graduate Deputy Chair. Nadia also holds an Assistant Professor appointment at the Ph.D. Program in Economics at CUNY Graduate Center and a Non-Resident Research Fellowship at Ateneo de Manila University School of Government (ASoG) in Manila, The Philippines. Nadia’s fields of research are: International Economics, Development Economics, Energy and Environmental Economics. Her work has appeared/ is forthcoming in Energy Economics, Social Science & Medicine, Journal of International Money and Finance, International Review of Economics and Finance, Environmental Progress & Sustainable Energy, Children and Youth Services Review, Economic Systems, Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Journal of Asian Economics, Borsa Istanbul Review, Post-Communist Economies, Comparative Economic Studies, Eastern Economic Journal, Applied Economics Letters, the Springer Rethinking International Development Series and others. Nadia currently advises undergraduate and graduate student research papers and theses in International Economics, and Environmental and Development Economics. The region of the Arab Orient is one of the regions of Nadia’s research interest.
- Marla Nasrah earned her Bachelor of Economics degree from Tishreen University, Syria in 2015 and is currently an MBA – Accounting candidate at Winthrop University, South Carolina where she received a full scholarship and works there as a Graduate Assistant. Just recently, Marla completed her international tax internship at PricewaterhouseCoopers, North Carolina. As part of the MBA program, Marla has conducted research discussing the ethical dilemmas in accounting, financial reporting, and tax as well as the differences between GAAP and IFRS. Marla’s main interests lie within the concept of improving the financial literacy among the youth of the Arab Orient.
- Maryam Alhalboni is currently an academic staff in Finance at Durham University Business School. Maryam has a B.Sc. in Economics, a M.Sc. in Finance and Investment and a Ph.D. in Finance, University of Essex. Her former posts in the UK include lectureships at the University of Essex and University of Kent. She worked at International Islamic bank for two years as a junior manager. Dr Alhalboni research goals are in the areas of Market Microstructure, Portfolio Management, Corporate Finance, Financial markets and Islamic Finance. Dr. Alhalboni is currently a Fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy
- Mira Nurmakhanova, is an Associate Professor at Kazakhstan Institute of Management, Economics, and Strategic Research (KIMEP University), Almaty, Kazakhstan from 2009. Nurmakhanova did Ph.D. Economics/Minor Statistics, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, USA, 2008, M.A. Economics, Kazakh Institute of Management, Economics and Strategic Research, Almaty, Kazakhstan Republic 1999 and Ph.D. Mathematics, Kazakh State University, Almaty, Kazakhstan Republic, 1994. Nurmakhanova was Visiting Professor at EADA School of Business, Barcelona, Spain 2014-2015, Post-Doctoral Researcher at School of Accounting & Finance, College of Business, Dublin 2012 -2013, and Visiting Professor at Universidade do Algarve, Faro, Portugal 2010.
- Mohamed M Elheddad is a PhD scholar in economics in Hull University Business School, UK. Elheddad completed his first degree and MSc degree in economics at Misurata University- Libya. His PhD on the topic of Foreign Direct investment, Economic growth and natural resources focused mainly on resource-rich economies. Elheddad published some paper in different journals such as, International Journal of Business and Social Research and Eurasian Journal of Economics and Finance, also he has some paper in review in Review of Economic Analysis journal. He is a member in several associations like American Economic Association (AEA), Royal Economic Society (RES), Regional studies association and Eastern Economic association. Elheddad is a reviewer for some journals and editorial board in International Journal of Financial Research.
ASSOCIATE FELLOW :
- Anna Katharina Ehrhart is a first-year PhD candidate in Political Science at Mid Sweden University, Sweden. She holds a M.Sc. in Political Science from Mid Sweden University, Sweden, and a B.A. in Arts and Culture with a major in Political Culture from Maastricht University, the Netherlands. In her dissertation project, she examines the issue of women`s representation and political participation in a comparative study of semi-democratic countries. Prior to starting her doctoral studies, Anna has been teaching as adjunct lecturer in Political Science at Mid Sweden University. In addition, she has work experience in the civic education sector and within market research.
- Bassam Zaitoon has a bachelor degree in Economics from Tishreen University, Syria in 2008. Currently he is studying a master in Communication for Development at Malmö university. He has also studied many separated courses in many fields among Business English, Decision and Risk Analysis, Knowledge Management, and Business Intelligence in Karlstad University, University of Gävle and Luleå University of Technology. Bassam started his career in Syria at 2010. He worked as a logistics accountant at ARKAS shipping agency and as an instructor at Tayler Centre for consulting and Training. Later at 2012, he moved to Sweden. Currently he is working as a teacher and a team leader in Hultsfred municipality in Sweden. Regarding his volunteer activity, he has worked as a volunteer with Syrian Researchers Initiative. Bassam is always been interested in working with developing issues. That is, in empowering people to take better choices for their life’s. https://www.linkedin.com/in/bassam-zaitoon-070b49b5/